Friday, September 28, 2007

"Will it be enough?"

In my post of August 28, I explained the hardships faced annually by many Senegalese subsistence farmers whose first fall harvests often aren't sufficient to meet the needs of their families.

In this photo of our Elementary Chapel service earlier today, you can see the stack of bags of rice and beans--over 2-½ tons--collected by our K-12 students. Tomorrow, a small group of students and staff will deliver the staples to suffering villagers.

"Will it be enough?" asked one of my fourth graders. I had to be honest. "No," I told her, "it won't feed everyone, but it will help."

If you would like to help with similar efforts, send a donation to WorldVenture / 1501 W. Mineral Ave. / Littleton, CO 80120 / Attn: Special Project #6403-933 Famine Relief, or you can give online at www.WorldVenture.com.