Monday, December 1, 2008

Sparky has a Sibling

As I touch-type, I am watching one of the newest members of my household explore my bedroom. I hope he's foraging for food, because there are certainly enough bugs here to keep him happy and healthy and for a long time.

This little guy, who I'm naming Squiggle because of the amusing way his body twists when he walks, is presumably Sparky's baby brother. At two inches head to tail, and about the width of a pencil, he's the same size Sparky was when I wrote about him (see my October 25 post), but Sparky should be much bigger by now. I've also seen an even smaller sibling several times in the past few days. I haven't named that one, who is perhaps only an inch and a quarter long, and half a pencil-width across. I'm accepting suggestions.

Since I grew up on the East Coast (of the US), having lizards living with me is a bit of a lark.